CHAPTER I GENERAL PROVISIONS
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of this arrangement is to prescribe the matters concerning the terms and conditions as well as the procedures of accessing and using the Web Services(hereinafter referred to as the "Services") of the English version of KAIST Global Commercialization Center.
Article 2 (Effect and Modification of Arrangement)
For any member, this arrangement shall become effective at the time when he/she expresses his/her consent to the terms and conditions of this arrangement.
CHAPTER II AGREEMENT ON USE OF SERVICES
Article 3 (Offer of Use)
An offer of use shall be made by entering the following matters in an application for admission on-line or by any other means as determined by the Institute:
- Email address;
- Name or trade name;
- Current resident address;
- Telephone number; and
- Other matters as determined by the Institute.
Article 4 (Acceptance of Offer of Use)
- GCC shall deal with offers of use under Article 3 in order of receipt, if not any special reason to the contrary.
- The acceptance of an offer of use may be reserved if -
- there might exist any technical impediment in the provision of the Services; or
- there exists any other reason connected to any business of the Institute which makes it impossible to provide the Services.
- An offer of use may be refused if -
- the requirements under Article 3 are not satisfied;
- such matters as prescribed in subparagraphs 3 through Article 3 are incompletely or falsely entered;
Article 5 (Correction of Entered Matters)
If any matter as entered under Article 3 is altered, a member shall, without delay, correct it on-line or by any other means as determined by the Institute.
CHAPTER III OBLIGATION OF PARTIES
Article 6 (Obligation of GCC)
- GCC shall, in accordance with this arrangement, make efforts to provide the Services on an uninterrupted and stable basis, and shall repair and restore any equipment without delay, if any malfunction or destruction occurs to it.
- GCC shall, if altering or adding any content of the Services, give public notice of its substantials to the members at http://www.klri.re.kr/Englawdb/menu/eng/.
- GCC shall not disclose or distribute any such information on a member, as comes to its knowledge in the course of the provision of the Services, to other persons without his/her consent: Provided, That the same shall not apply to cases as prescribed by any Act.
Article 7 (Obligation of Member)
- A member shall comply with the guidances and notices, etc. concerning the use of the Services as notified by GCC
- A member shall be responsible not to have his/her identification number and password used by any other person who is not entitled thereto.
- It shall not be permitted that a member involves any of the following acts:
- Having any other person use his/her identification number;
- Transferring, assigning or mortgaging any right or duty in relation to the use of the Services; and
- Other acts of violating the sound transaction order or related Acts and subordinate statutes of Korea.
CHAPTER IV USE AND PROVISION OF SERVICES
Article 8 (Suspension of Provision of Services)
- GCC may suspend the provision of the Services -
- in case that it is inevitable to maintain or repair any equipment for the Services;
- in case that the relevant facilities-based telecommunications business operator as prescribed in the Telecommunications Business Act suspends the provision of his telecommunications service; or
- in case of force majeure.
- GCC may suspend the provision of all or part of the Services if there exists any obstacle to the normal use thereof in case of a national emergency, power failure, trouble in any Services equipment or congestion of the Services uses.
CHAPTER V TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT
Article 9 (Termination of Agreement)
- If a member intends to terminate the agreement on the use of the Services, he/she shall notify GCC by e-mail or by any such means as designated by it.
- The Institute may, without giving any notice in advance, terminate the agreement on the use of the Services and suspend the provision of the Services, if -
- a member violates Article 12;
- a member intentionally slanders the Institute or commits any other act which constitutes the interference with the provision of the Services; or